Ford admin is caving to the far right
I am a Christian mother of a teenager, and I believe that open communication on the current issues concerning healthy sexuality, including consent, sexting, using the internet, and an understanding of various sexual orientations, is vital in schools today if our youth are to grow into adults with educated opinions and the ability to engage in respectful discussion on any topic. I agree with the following points that have been made by others:
- The concept of consent is not mentioned even a single time in the 1990’s curriculum that Doug is using to fill the gap he’s created.
- It is irresponsible and dangerous to eliminate an up-to-date curriculum without providing a replacement that covers the issues that our kids will face.
- Accurate, modern sex and safety education gives kids the words, concepts, and knowledge they need to defend themselves from predators and abusers.
- The PCs are caving to the demands of a vocal, far-right minority and our kids are paying the price.
- LGBTQ youth deserve a curriculum that reflects their experiences.
Alison Stortz, Kanata