Garage fire on Moore Street
The Service de sécurité incendie de Gatineau responded to a call about a fire inside a garage on 101 rue Moore in Aylmer, on April 25. Firefighters arrived at the scene at around 4:20 pm as the building was completely enflamed, say witnesses.
Firefighters hosed down the blaze to prevent it from spreading to other buildings on the property, before getting the situation under control by 5:01 pm. The fire involved 28 firefighters and 13 fire trucks, and cost around $70,000 in damages.
No injuries were reported. The incident is being investigated by the Service de sécurité incendie.