New groups – Covid-19 vaccine booster dose
The Québec Immunization Committee (Comité sur l'immunisation du Québec – CIQ) recommends the administration of a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for the following individuals who wish to receive it:
• People aged 70 and over: Appointments can be taken as of November 16 for those aged 80 and over; as of November 18 for those aged 75 and over; as of November 23 for those aged 70 and over.
• People who have received 2 doses of viral vector vaccine (AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson): Appointments can be taken as of November 25.
• To make an appointment: Quebec.ca/COVIDvaccine
• People unable to do so online or having difficulty can call 1 877-644-4545, option 7 (vaccination).
• The persons concerned may also go to walk-in vaccination clinics.
It is important that an interval of at least 6 months after the 2nd dose be observed.