Following the Bulletin’s announcement of an all-candidates’ debate in Aylmer, and the editor’s call for the concerns of and questions from the public for the candidates, I received numerous calls and comments with the following questions the most common:
1. Why are new arenas and recreational facilities to be located in centretown, and not in the sectors where citizens live?
2. Will you commit to a date for a new library in Aylmer?
3. Commit to a date for the renovation of Parc des Cedres?
4. What should be Gatineau’s position and preparations for the radioactive dump upstream in Chalk River?
5. What is the future of public consultations in Gatineau, given Quebec’s new legislation? How can the public give input? 6. How will the city announce its plans?
7. Will you propose or support a policy linking housing expansion and traffic congestion?
8. We need a new bridge to Ottawa, and what would you do to bring this to reality?
9. Will any expansion of Cook and Pink roads lead to more massive housing development?
10. Should the city have a buy-Aylmer or buy-Gatineau policy for its own purchasing?